So the UPS setup I wrote about in a post last year has been working really well so far. But I decided that it would be a good idea to neaten things up and mount everything properly on to a board. This is what I originally intended to do but never got round to doing up until now.
I cut out a spare piece of 18mm MDF and marked out where the battery, picoUPS-100 and the 16v PSU would be mounted. I then drilled out holes where the cable ties would be fed though to hold the components in place. Next I proceeded to mount all of the UPS components to the board. I stuck a few squares of sticky foam under the SLA battery and PSU, then added the cable ties to secure them down. The picoUPS PCB is mounted to the board with 4 PCB mounts. On the output of the picoUPS I added a junction block so I can connect up more equipment if required.