Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Home Server UPS - Update

So the UPS setup I wrote about in a post last year has been working really well so far. But I decided that it would be a good idea to neaten things up and mount everything properly on to a board. This is what I originally intended to do but never got round to doing up until now.




















I cut out a spare piece of 18mm MDF and marked out where the battery, picoUPS-100 and the 16v PSU would be mounted. I then drilled out holes where the cable ties would be fed though to hold the components in place. Next I proceeded to mount all of the UPS components to the board. I stuck a few squares of sticky foam under the SLA battery and PSU, then added the cable ties to secure them down. The picoUPS PCB is mounted to the board with 4 PCB mounts. On the output of the picoUPS I added a junction block so I can connect up more equipment if required.











































Here's the new setup installed and running:




3 comments:

  1. I am working on an NASBOX and this will fit in perfectly. Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Thanks, Remember though this is a 16V DC system and drops down to 12V while on battery. A standard 12V PICO PSU will not work. I use a picoPSU-80-WI that will run on anything from 12v to 32v. Be sure to read my previous post on the UPS project. (from 24 May 2011)

      Delete
  2. Power Backup Solutions provides UPS for routers, network rooms, small-to-medium servers and storage systems, and can help you choose the right system. ups for server

    ReplyDelete